Monday, March 3, 2008

Usability Issues on shutterstock.com

I am using shutterstock.com for downloading corporate images. Due to bad usability of downloading , I need to wait for long time to download some images. I need to cross following pages.
1. Searching
2. Select an thumb size Image ( we can select only one image at a time)
3. It will show the selected image in big size . Click to download at various resolution.
4. Type the security key & Press "Enter".
5. Again search it

If I want to download 5 images at a time in same catagory, I have to do all the above five steps for everytime. It would take more than 20 mins even my browser much faster. Its a good example for BAD Usability.
Lot of simple solutions to fix this usability issue.

My solution is
1.Select multiple images at search result page.
2. List the selected images with (default is Medium resolution) resolution. If you want to change the resolution, change it there by multiple or single. Give a security code on the same page. ( convert all image files into a zip file ) download it.

If you have any other solutions, Post your comment here.

No comments: